Tuesday, August 29, 2017

My Spinal Fusion

Below is an X-Ray of my lower back, including titanium plates, screws, and spacers.

I met with the surgeon's assistant today, who informed me that everything looks good and I can slightly increase my activity level.  It will still be another month before I can swim, bathe, or engage in physical therapy, but my recovery is on track.

I can't say that it doesn't hurt at times, because it does.  But I'm almost completely clear of medication (except Tylenol), I'm walking often, and I even drove today.  I'm also back at work, which mostly involves sitting and typing (like I'm doing right now).

Thanks to all of you for your support, encouragement, prayers, and occasional food (although my appetite has diminished and I'm seizing on that occurrence to try to lose weight).

No comments:

Post a Comment