Thursday, May 14, 2015

DeflateGate and Other Thursday Thoughts

A few Thursday Thoughts:

DeflateGate


Given that I posted my HateGate article last year, people have been asking me what I now think about DeflateGate.  I've deflected by saying, "What's the big deal?  My wife's been deflating my balls for years."  Even though its not true, it makes for a good chuckle...feel free to use it whenever you tell a Patriot hater you're from New England.

But the truth is that I don't know what to think.  As I wrote to my cousin, Dave, I don’t know what Brady knew, but the report saying that “it is likely” he was “generally aware of… inappropriate activities” is not exactly a smoking gun.  It seems that, and Ted Wells recent statements confirmed it, Brady is being punished more for his lack of cooperation with the investigation than for anything he might have done.  I don’t know how cooperative I’d be with someone who is questioning my integrity, but I do know that there have been times in my life when it was likely that I was generally aware of inappropriate activities, yet I didn’t feel like I had done anything wrong. So, let’s wait and see where it all ends up, after the appeal.

Lemons
If I ever want someone to do PR for something, I'm going to find the people who work for the citrus industry.  After all, those damned lemons are everywhere.  It started with fish and seafood, and then went to sparkling water, and now it's hard to get a plain old glass of water without a lemon in it.  Even when I order tea with milk, they still bring a lemon (do they bother to consider what lemon juice does to milk?).  I almost expect to walk into a men's room and find lemons in the urinal.  Hmmm...maybe that's what I should do with the lemons I'm not using.

"Safe" Drivers

Truthfully, I don't like driving behind minivans, Priuses (Prii?) and Subaru wagons.  They almost always drive slower than the situation calls for, in the mistaken impression that they're driving safely.  I guess they don't consider the lack of safety when the rest of us swerve around to try to pass them.

K-Cups

I really like the convenience of a Keurig machine for making coffee (which Joni drinks) and tea (which I drink), but I've been told that the K-Cups are not recyclable because they combine plastic and foil.  Why can't someone make K-cups with plastic on top instead of foil?  In any event, here's what I do...I bought several EZ-Cups, which are reusable shells, and the paper filters that go into them.  I then fill them with my favorite tea in whatever strength I want (I generally prefer strong tea), and I brew a cup.  Sure, it takes a few more minutes, but it tastes better and helps stop the oceans from filling up with plastic.

AOL

My email account has been on AOL for 30 years, and the media routinely portrays that as out of touch with today's reality.  So, I was happy to read that Verizon purchased AOL recently for $4.4 billion.  I guess I feel suddenly relevant.

More thoughts to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment